Saturday, June 11, 2011

365 Pictures 5-11 June, 2011

Hello,
Another week has gone by & soon another one will begin.  This week was busy with VBS at church.  It was a lot of fun but made me tired.  The next two weeks I will not be able to post pictures as I will be gone on a mission trip.  I will be going to Teen Missions International in Merritt Island, Florida to lead a team of 22 7-9yrs old as they learn to be a missionary.  This age group are called Peanuts.  My team is called the cookie command team.  We will be baking cookies, bagging them & putting Bible verses in with the cookies.  Then my kids will go an Air Force Base, present the gospel in songs, drama, & puppets to personnel serving there.  They will pass out the cookies, visit with the people & will tell them about the plan of salvation using wordless books and/or bracelets.  When I return, I will have plenty of pictures to share.  Now for this week....

Sunday 5 June 2011
Getting ready for VBS - Big Apple Adventure (New York City).  Tonight was our VBS kickoff, with hotdogs, snowcones & other fun things do to.

Monday 6 June 2011
My pastor pretending to "Rock It" opening morning for VBS

At the airport with my son Wood.  He is talking to his brother one last time until 30 July & saying goodbye.  He went to Florida to Teen Mission International to help lead a team of 21 teenagers to Russia on a mission trip.  He is in Florida from 6-25 June, then off to Russia.  He comes home on 30 July.

Wood with his dad & trying to text his girlfriend one last time before getting on the plane

Tuesday 7 June 2011
Day 2 of VBS - Our song leaders Sydney & Shelley.  The kids love them.

Wednesday 8 June 2011
Our theme was Big Apple Adventure - New York City.  My room was Grand Central Terminal and I taught about missions.  This is a turn style my husband made for my room.

Each day the kids were given tokens to drop in the bucket so they could get into Missions.  3rd grade class coming in.

Thursday 9 June 2011
We had a huge rain storm come in & dump 3 1/2 inches of rain in two hours.  This is the rain running off our porch.

Friday 10 June 2011
Had to post one deer cam pic.  Another nice buck & raccoon enjoying supper together.  This may be Bucky but not sure.  He does have a nice rack forming though

Saturday 11 June 2011
Today I made my dish bag for my mission trip & a matching pillow case for my travel pillow.  In the past I have used my son's dish bag, but he had to take that one to Russia with him.  Between my two boys mission trips, that dish bag has been to Zambia, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Mozambique - Africa; Switzerland, England, Ireland, Wales, Samoa & Australia.  Now it is head to Russia, Mongolia & China.  Lucky bag.

Well, that is all I have for this week.  I will talk to you in two weeks, will miss seeing the weekly post but I'm really getting excited about my mission trip.  This is my 3rd year leading peanut teams & my largest team.  My first team had 7 kids, my second had 11.  This year I have 22!!!  Have a great two weeks. I know I will.
God Bless!!!!





3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you and for your son on your missions trips!! praying God will show up in a mighty way....can't wait to hear about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your VBS looks fantastic!
    I used to love doing that with the kids (but ended up "retiring" from it when my twins were born)

    Have a wonderfully blessed trip!

    ReplyDelete