Sunday, June 5, 2011

Project 365 22 May - 4 June 2011

Hi all,
I missed last week, so I will be posting two weeks worth this time.  Summer is here & life is getting busy, and I need to remember to take my camera with me.

Sunday 22 May, 2011

Going home from church and saw this storm building up.  We were blessed that it went west of us.

Monday 23 May, 2011
Deer cam to the rescue.  This is not Bucky, but another buck, doe & raccoon all getting supper together.

Tuesday 24 May, 2011
Deer cam at the salt block.  Another buck, but not Bucky, he missed the camera's this week

Wednesday 25 May, 2011
No picture today

Thursday 26 May, 2011
My son Wood took these with my camera
Bunny in our backyard munching on grass

And Grouchy watching, wishing she could go get lunch.

Friday 27 May, 2011
No picture today

Saturday 28 May, 2011
Muffin Day recipes are on my Good cooking blog, look for link on the right.
These are chocolate chip muffins made with applesauce to make them low fat.

These are called Gingerbread muffins, but taste more like Molasses Cookies

Sunday 29 May, 2011
Some of my church family - We had a church worker appreciation service, outside with cake & ice cream social following.  The night was perfect & a great time of fellowship

Monday 30 May, 2011
This isn't Bucky either because he has a strip of white on his right side, & this one doesn't but he has a nice rack forming; starting to curve up.


Tuesday 31 May, 2011
A baby squirrel & baby rabbit have a stand off in my front yard

Wednesday 1 June, 2011
My cats sleep in the most uncomfortable places.  Motor loves to use my Wii fit as a pillow.

Thursday 2 June, 2011
Finally got a picture of my female Oriole when sings to me every morning.  Also a male house finch.

Friday 3 June, 2011
Dead cat in the living room - really Motor came into the dining room, gave us a talking to, then went to the living room & played dead.  When we turned on the AC, he was magically revived & got up to do something else.  I guess he thought the house was getting to hot & he was going to die of heat exhaustion.

Baby squirrel digging for nuts in our backyard.

Finally found one but a car drove by & scared it up our tree.

Saturday 4 June, 2011
No picture today.  I was busy finishing up packing my 20yr son for his mission trip to Russia, near Siberia.  He leaves tomorrow & will be home 30 July.  He will spend two weeks in the swamps of Merritt Island, Florida at the Lord's Boot Camp with Teen Missions Inter. for leadership training & then team training.  Wood is the assistant leader of a teen team.  His team has 21 teenagers ages 13-17.  The team finishes trainging in Florida on 25 June & then head to Russia until 20 July.  On the way home they will get to travel by train through Russia, Mongolia & ended up in Beijing, China to fly back to the states.  My son has gone with this group before as a teen member to Zambia, Africa when he was 14 & Wales when he was 16.

Well, that is my week.  Hope all of you had a great week.  Look forward to seeing your pics.
Kim









10 comments:

  1. I have decided that cats take the best pictures!!! Most of the P365ers have cats and get the most hilarious pictures!!!

    I have never heard of this group that your son is going with....I will have to look it up...sounds like an amazing time. Can't wait to hear where God shows up when he gets back!!! What will they being doing in Russia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara - the web page is www.teenmissions.org This is their 46 year sending kids out to the mission field for the summer. When I was 15 I went to Germany as our main mission project but also able to visit England, Holland & Scotland. There are 28 "Teen" teams going out this summer all over the world, Haiti, Africa, Israel, Honduras, & Mongolia to name a few.

    In Russia, TMI has set up a "Boot Camp" for Russian teens to come & learn how to be a missionary for their country. Wood's team will be going to the Russian Boot Camp to run the two week boot camp for the Russian teens going on the summer mission trip. They have one team, when the Russia Boot Camp is complete then my son's team & the Russia team will go together to present the gospel to local villages using soccer as one of the ways to reach the people along with music, puppets & drama.
    I made a slide show of my son's trip & I will see if I can post it here.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. You have captured some really fantastic wildlife photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and the deer cam :).

    I think your cats and mine must have mind-melded at some point. As soon as the AC comes on, Munchkin flops down on her back right under one of the vents. Gracie decides that now is the perfect time to hang out on top of the filing cabinet like Snoopy the Vulture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara & anyone else I have posted a video of my son, Wood's first mission trip to Africa. I will post later my other son, Josh's first mission trip also to Africa but he was 13. Hope you can view it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for a safe trip for your son. Love the squirrel and bunny saga!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great shots! safe travels and training for your son...what a great opportunity ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the critters this week, but good luck to your son, it sounds like an amazing experience.

    Have a great week,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  9. There were some funny cat pictures this week! What a hoot!

    Loved all the wildlife this week!

    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete