Saturday, September 1, 2012

365 Pictures week 35; 26 August - 1 September

Yeah,
I'm home & only posting one week :-)  It was good to stay home, but I didn't do to well on taking pictures.  Oh, well, here is my week

Sunday 26 August

No Picture - I was too busy today catching up on the last three weeks

Monday 27 August

I was out & about early this morning.  We are down to one car this week & I needed it, so I had to take my husband to work at 6:30am so I could have the car.  It was foggy this morning & I love how the valley looked as I came down the hill on my morning drive.


Tuesday 28 August

Deer Cam to the rescue - love how cautiously this little fawn is approaching the deer feeder


Wednesday 29 August

This was taken on the 30th, but I love how the deer hear a noise & three look but the fawn on the end, doesn't care, need to keep eating before we get chased away.  The bucks are getting aggressive & starting to chase other deer away from the feeder so it is just them eating, especially other bucks.


Thursday 30 August

Except one day this week I have driven my husband to work & see gorgeous sunrises but forget my camera.  NOT TODAY!!!!  I remember to grabbed it & took this at the intersection we come to every morning.

Friday 31 August

Can you believe it is the last day of August????  During Labor Day weekend, Lamoni, Iowa always has a Civil War Day where you can come see what life was like in those days, learn about both sides that fought & see the reenactment of a battle.  The Christian school I use to work for took a field trip today & asked me along as a chaperon & school photographer.  I said yes.  Here is one of the many pictures I took that day.  It was a lot of fun & I learned a lot.

Saturday 1 September

Really????  It is September already???? 
RAIN BEAUTIFUL RAIN!!!!!
I know Isaac was not a blessing down south but to drought stricken Missouri it was a HUGE blessing.    It started raining around 4:00pm here yesterday & hasn't stopped.  It is a light rain, a ground soaking rain & it has rained alllllllll day.  I hope it keeps raining like this for the next couple of days.  We need it that bad. 

Well, that is my week.  I can't wait to see everyone else's.  Have a safe & wonderful Labor Day!!!

5 comments:

  1. We were really hoping for some Isaac rain here in Ohio, but we haven't seen any yet :(

    Love the sunrise picture! I need to find a good place to get a picture like that - there isn't really anywhere on my commute where I can just stop & take a picture of it (mostly because I'm driving west - ha!).

    We're going to a pioneer days fair tomorrow - I'm sure I'll have a lot of pictures of that next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Civil War re-enactment looks like fun! How cool you were asked to tag along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always enjoyed the annual Civil War Days in a nearby county when we lived in Michigan. Some of our friends were really into it and had the outfits from that time period and everything.

    Yay for the rain! I know y'all needed it badly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your deer cam pictures!!! Isaac dumped a lot of MUCH needed rain on us too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUch a beautiful sunrise... you captured it so well...

    I love the deer cam pictures... they are too cool!

    ReplyDelete