Saturday, August 4, 2012

365 Pictures week 31; 29 July - 4 August

Wow another week has zoomed by.  This one was busy as we prepared to get ready for a family reunion in the upcoming week.  I did better on taking pictures so let see what I have to offer. . . .

Sunday 29 July, 2012

This is the lovely wool  handmade blanket my son bought me in Germany.  It is very soft.

Monday 30 July, 2012

This is the mug & bowl my son made at the camp he worked at in Germany.  The mug was shaped by hand & the bowl was made on a spinning wheel.

glazed on the inside so he can use them

 Tuesday 31 July, 2012

Youngest son is home & eats for "3".  He also has to run down to college this weekend & needs to take some meals, so I made this - Cheddar Macaroni Beef Casserole to feed him & have left overs.  The recipe is at my blog http://goodcooking-semperfi.blogspot.com/


 Wednesday 1 Aug, 2012

Ladies from WOM group at church.  We are getting ready for the third annual School Outreach.  We collect school supplies at church through donations & then we get the school supply list & bag up the supplies by grades.  Then this coming Saturday we will pass out free school supplies to families that come by the church.  It is a lot of fun & a way to help out our community.
In this picture we are bagging up the supplies by grade.


Thursday 2 Aug, 2012

I didn't take a picture today so it is deer cam to the rescue.  I love how this buck is posing for the camera.


 Friday 3 Aug, 2012

Again no picture  by me but the deer cam got a nice one of two little fawns.


Saturday 4 Aug, 2012

The rest of my gifts from my son's mission trip.  The rock is from a concentration camp for Russian Jews that my son visited.  He carved the Star of David on it, so we wouldn't forget where it came from or the people who died there.  The angel & thimble are from Germany & the turtle from Cocoa Beach, Florida where he spent a couple of days the end of his trip.

This is becoming my international shelf in my curio.  The nesting dolls & bell are from Russia, the conch shell & cup are from Haiti the music box by the shell is from Switzerland & the angel from Germany.  All acquired while on mission trips by someone in my family.

Well, I guess that is my week.  Next week will be special as I'm seeing my little sister.  Last time I saw her was 10 years ago when she was pregnant with my nephew Gavin.  Last time my husband saw her was at our wedding almost 24 years ago.  It will be the first time any of us will meet my nephew.  Also attending a family reunion of the descendants of my great, great, great, great, great grandfather.  Going to be a great time.



6 comments:

  1. I love the shot of the buck!!! so beautiful!

    Have a GREAT time seeing your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your shot this week. That casserole looked yummy and i will head over to your recipe blog and snag that recipe. I get excited with each new recipe you post. You have some great ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that mug! I don't know why, but it's really caught my fancy...

    And your deer cam is so much fun. Is it available to watch or is it just for you guys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The deer cam is not hooked up to the internet. Once a week we go out to our farm (2 miles from our home), fill the deer feeder & change out the sd card. The camera is for us to see how many deer are coming onto our place, size, sex, & also for trespassers since is it hidden. We it gets within certain times of hunting season, we stop filling the feeder, or we can keep it filled but hunt on the other side of the farm away from the feeder. We can get up to 300 pictures a week from one deer cam & we have two set up right now.

      Delete
  4. Loved seeing all your souvenirs from other countries! That blanket looks especially cozy. :-)
    Sounds like you have an exciting week planned. Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to receive lots of gifts from the son :)

    Hope your reunion turns out to be FANTABULOUS! :)

    ReplyDelete