Saturday, January 28, 2012

365 Pictures week 4 22-28 Jan

Hi,
Another week has come & gone.  I didn't get a picture taken everyday, even though I thought I did.  I guess time went by too fast.  Here is my week......

Sunday 22 January
Okay, this is becoming my normal weekly pic for Sunday, how far have I progressed on my cross stitch project.  It is getting there & I'm enjoying my relaxing time while doing this.

Monday 23 January
No picture.

Tuesday 24 January
I did take a picture today, but decided to post the following instead -
This picture was taken March 1991.  In the picture is Bethany Rogers, her three kids & my oldest son Wood. They are from left to right the kids - Courtney (now 25), my son Wood (now 21), Daniel (now 22) & Timothy (now 24) & of course one of the most loving, wonderful example of a Christian lady Bethany.  Tonight Bethany lost her battle with cancer & went to be with Jesus.  The last time I saw Bethany was in 2001.  She lived in California & our course I live in Missouri.  I will miss her greatly.  God used her in my life at a time I need a loving, understanding & wise Christian "Big Sis".  This is what her daughter posted on Facebook when she passed - 
Freedom has never felt so sweet. She is free. She is free. Free from pain, free of tears, & free of sin.  She is free to worship, free to sing, free to praise & walk with God.  She is whole, she is happy, her future is eternal.  She is in heaven with Jesus.

Wednesday 25 January
I have refilled my bird feeders to help them out during winter time.  Of course the squirrels have found them too & are very happy for a feel easy meal

Hummmm lets see what is for lunch today???


Found something good to much on.
Thursday 26 January
No picture

Friday 27 January
 Left last night with this sweet girl Paytience Markle to go to College of the Ozarks in Branson, Missouri 4 1/2 hours south east of us.  She had an interview this morning at 8:30am & a tour of the college at 3:30pm.  Her mom couldn't make time take her, so she asked me since my son goes there.  I said sure & the road trip began.  We had a good time & the interview went well.  We will know if she is accepted in March.
Paytience sitting at the fountain outside the Keater Center at College of the Ozarks.

My son Josh & one of his favorite dairy cows.  My son is a sophomore at College of the Ozarks.  He works in the dairy barn.  At College of the Ozarks, there is no tuition instead all of the students work 15 hrs per week plus two 40 hour weeks during breaks at  work stations around the college to pay for their tuition.  C of O (short name) has 80 plus work stations, like maintenance, administration, dairy barn, cake & jelly shop, child development center, their lodge/hotel & restaurant to name a few.

Saturday 28 January
No picture tonight, instead I came home from my weekend trip to deal with a dryer breaking (it died completely) & my oldest son's car breaking down on his way back to work tomorrow & to his college.  Praise the Lord, he broke down 3 blocks from home.  I gave him my jeep & we called AAA to tow his car.  Haiti is really looking good tonight.

Well, that is my week.  I leave for Haiti this coming Wednesday so will miss posting next week but will be back for posting on 12 Feb.  Talk to ya in two weeks.

12 comments:

  1. your cross stitch is really coming along!!!

    love what your friends daughter said on FB....it's so hard to say goodbye to those we love, but when we know their hope is in Jesus and it's only "see you soon", it makes it a bit easier!

    the recipe for the apple pie is here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/flat-apple-pie-with-perfect-pie-crust-recipe/index.html

    And her crust is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recipe will try to make it tomorrow or Tuesday before I leave, if not when I get back.

      Delete
  2. Love how the cross stitching is coming. I am glad you post one of it each week so we can see how you are doing. Loved the picture of the girl at the Ozarks...and enjoy your trip to Haiti. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun to see your progress on the cross-stitch project :)

    I'd heard of C of O but didn't realize they had a tuition-less system. Kinda like Berea College in KY.

    Have you ever noticed that things going wrong seem to multiply right before or after a big trip?

    Have a wonderful time in Haiti!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your cross stitch work...we had a group go to haiti last summer...prayers for safe trip and travel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cross stitch is beautiful, reminds me of my papa, as he loved doing that! sorry about your loss but what lovely words written by her daughter and so very true. That is so cool about the tuition deal...what is your son majoring in? Have fun in Haiti and be safe

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son is majoring in Conservation Wildlife management with a minor in Religion & Philosophy. After he graduates in 2014, he will be joining the Marine Corps as an officer like his dad & other family members to serve his country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a safe trip to Haiti... look forward to reading about it when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about your friend - stupid cancer! ARGH!

    Have a Blessed time in Haiti! What an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry about your friend - what a great tribute from her daughter!

    LOVE the squirrel antics - ha!

    I almost went to a similar school in NC - Warren Wilson, but ended up at a Baptist school instead (I suspect that it was laziness on my part - I didn't want to have to work!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry about your loss. Just hear today that 1 out of 8 contract breast cancer.
    Branson, MO--my son will be competing in a national ice carving competition this coming weekend. Maybe your son will see some of the amazing art.
    Blessings in Haiti!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great squirrel capture!

    I never knew that about College of the Ozarks. Very interesting!!

    So sorry about your friend. :(

    ReplyDelete