Sunday, January 22, 2012

365 Pictures week 3 15-21 Jan

Another week....

Sunday 15 January
Another peaceful, restful Sunday.  We went to church, took the guest pastor out to lunch, who happened to be one of our son's professor from this last semester.  Didn't know that until we were head to the restaurant. Had a great meal, nice visit, then the pastor headed home & so did we.  The stress of this week must have caught up to me because I took an hour & a half nap.  That is not normal.  Then back to church & then home, cross-stitch time & a little Netflix to relax before bed.  Here is my progress on my cross-stitch.  Not as much as last week but did add some more.

Monday 16 January
I started my walking goal today.  I was able to walk 15min on my Bowflex tred climber. YEAH!!!  I do get board walking & listening to music sometimes helps pass the time but sometimes doesn't.  So I decided to watch a little TV.  This past week I received the following DVD set in the mail for me to try. 
I LOVE Women of Faith!!!!  This DVD has six 30 min. devotions from the speakers from past conferences.  So this DVD will be come my walking DVD for a little while.  Since I'm going to keep this, I pay for it & will get another one in about 4 weeks.  Today was Pasty Clairmont.  Listening to her talk, joke & teach really made my walking time go by quickly.  Thanks Lord, I needed this

Tuesday 17 January
I woke up this morning around 1:00am to the sound of an ice storm.  It iced off & on, little pellets & enough to make the streets slick, so I'm staying home this morning can't get to my tutoring job.  This also means my high schooler that comes in the afternoon for tutoring will not make it either.  So today's project is getting ready for my Haiti trip.  I'm in charge of our traveling VBS.  For 4 days the team will travel to 4 different villiages & have VBS in the morning.  One of my main jobs is crafts.  These gloves will be come wordless puppets.  It is like the wordless books using a glove & pom poms.  I'm putting the eyes on the pom poms today because our VBS will be outside on the ground & though it would easier for the kids.  They will get to attach the pom pom to each finger as I explain what each color means.

Wednesday 18 January
Today I spent the day as substitute secretary at our church.  That means I sat all day in an office & answered the phone (if it rang), messed on the computer, read, cross-stitch & anything else I could find to keep me busy for 9 hours.  It is nice to have a day like this where I can relax, do nothing & not feel guilty. (he, he).
Here is one of my what I call my "Growth" books (books that make me grow spiritually) Catching fireflies by Patsy Clairmont.  I'm really enjoying this book. 

 By the way it is on my new Nook Color I got for Christmas & Anniversary (two days before Christmas).  I love it!!!  I'm reading 4 different books & they are all on thing.  It is sooooooo nice.

Thursday 19 January
I tried a new chicken recipe & we like it.  The recipe is at http://goodcooking-semperfi.blogspot.com/ It is called Honey baked Chicken.


I also saw these cupcakes on Pintrest.  They have an Oreo cookie in the bottom.  I thought I would make them & we loved them.  We used the new Triple, Double Chocolate Oreo.  Basically put one Oreo cookie in the bottom of each cupcake paper.  Make a white cake mix according to the package, then add some crushed up Oreo & bake according to package.  Frost the cupcakes when they are cool & sprinkle some of the crushed up Oreo on top.

Friday 20 January
My oldest son & I went to Winter Jam in Des Moines to help work at the Teen Missions International Booth.  It was a lot of fun & the concert was great too.
My son, Wood,  telling a lady about Teen Missions

Me at the table

Our crew of volunteer workers

Group 1 Crew

Peter Furler & Phil Joel

Sanctus Real

Toby Mac


Saturday 21 January
Kids getting their supper


Our Teenage helpers
Parents Night Out at church.  The parents at our church can drop their kids off for 2 hours for free babysitting tonight.  We feed them supper & then they get to watch a movie.  Supper was hot dogs, chili, pop & ice cream.  The movie choices for tonight were Apple Dumpling Gang & the 3rd Narnia Movie Voyage of the Dawn Treader.  I was on of the baby sitters.  We had about 15 kids & 6 youth (to help babysit).  It was a great night.

Well that is my week.  A lot better week than last week.  Can't believe we only have one full week left of January.  That also means in one week & 3 days I will be heading to Haiti for a mission trip.  Can't wait. Have a great week.

6 comments:

  1. oh my word those cupcakes look so good!!

    when are you leaving for Haiti?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, I will be gone 1-8 Feb. This is my 2nd time going. I went two years ago, one month after the earthquake to help with relief work. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly keep busy! I got a bit tired just reading about your week :)

    I have a Kindle and like to have several books going as well. I've always done that, had multiple books because I read what I'm feeling in the mood for -- and that changes :) I get bored reading only one book at a time!

    I'm going to have to try those oreo cookie cupcakes. YUM!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word those cupcakes look fabulous! Oreos are my most recent crave - ha! Those finger puppets look like fun - I'm sure the kids will really enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chicken was wonderful. I tried it last night. The cupcakes look yummy too. I love Patsy Clairmont and Catching Fireflies is a great book....also a huge Women of Faith fan. I try and get to a conference at least once a year. Be careful in Haiti. I will be praying for a productive trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Karen, Haiti is just one week away, can't wait.

    ReplyDelete