Sunday, November 13, 2011

365 Pictures 6-12 November

Hi,
Well another week has flown by WAY too fast.  I didn't get to take a lot of pictures because I was busy working on editing pictures.  No deer cam pictures this week.  Deer season started Saturday & we had 4 hunters on the farm, two of them were my husband & oldest son.  I hope to go out hunting this week.  Here is my week.

Sunday 6 November
 no picture

Monday 7 November
I didn't take a picture today, instead I worked on some.  One of my scrapbook collages.  These girls in our Awana TNT club put together 3 shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child through Samaritan's purse.  I took their pictures last Wednesday by class & made this collage to go in each of the boxes.

Tuesday 8 November
Another day of working on photos.  Shiloh's pics didn't turn out too well when I did the Christian school back in October, so I retook them.  Along with the other shots, here is his collage I made today.

Wednesday 9 November
no picture

Thursday 10 November
This was taken Friday but wanted to post it here since I didn't have a picture & I had two other ones for Friday.  Since I went to the city, I went to Hobby Lobby (dangerous place for me).  I had this old basket & put spring flowers in it.  Hobby Lobby had all their fall decorations at 50% off, so I bought some & fixed up this basket to go with my scarecrow decorations for the kitchen.

Friday 11 November
I went & had lunch with my mom.  She lives in an assistant living place.  They had a special banquet for the veterans & made this certificate for all their residents that are veterans.

Also the staff filled out paperwork for a special medallion for veterans to receive from their state.  My mom was active duty during the Vietnam war stationed state side.  This is her certificate, medallion & matching coin she received from the Governor.  I brought them home & put them in a shadow box with some Navy scrap booking paper so she can display it in her apartment.

Saturday 12 November
My oldest son, Wood, shot a 13 point buck.  YEAH!!!!  Meat in the freezer for the winter.  This buck will become all hamburger since he is sooo big.  Our friend Nate shot a medium size doe.

That is my week.  This next week maybe a little crazy since we have two deer to process.  I still hope to take some pictures but we will see.

6 comments:

  1. Busy hunting season already! Good job your son did with the buck!
    Love all the collages... wonderful idea!
    Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, processing deer?!? I have no words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love your centerpiece. Gorgeous. I wish I could make some like that...that looks that good. Congrats on the buck. Love all the collages of pictures....you have had a busy week for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the compliments. The centerpiece was not hard. Just take a basket, get some of that green, floral, sponge, block stuff & put in it; then buy the fake flowers & start sticking them in the floral block & arrange.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Processing the deer yourself is sooooo messy, I know. I'm glad that today husband and son took their first three to be processed. They shot two others but couldn't find them. Maybe they'll come across them tomorrow.
    You are a craft-star! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita - our house came with two kitchens, a regular one & a utility/hunting kitchen. 1st our house is over 100 years old. The original husband owner was a hunter & would mess up his wife's kitchen with his game. So she told him build himself a kitchen or stop hunting. Nothing fancy, just another sink & cabinets next to the mud room, but it comes in handy for any mess.

    ReplyDelete