Sunday, November 6, 2011

365 Pictures 30 October - 5 November

Hello,
It has been a great week.  A little busy but still good.  I did better on getting a picture a day.  Goal for next week is to get at least one picture a day.  Here is my week.

Sunday 30 October
no picture

Monday 31 October
no picture

Tuesday 1 November
Okay, I decided to try a gluten free recipe since I have friends/adoptive family that need to eat gluten free.  The recipe was gluten free chocolate chip muffins. I followed the directions very carefully & this is what I got

They still taste good - a little gritty tasting but my husband liked them, but look terrible.  About 3 hours later while working on my computer it dawned on me that maybe my cornstarch was too old & that was the problem.  I went to get the container I used that I thought was my cornstarch & found out it was baking powder instead.  So instead of adding 1/4 cup of corn starch, I added a 1/4 cup of baking powder.  So I will retry the recipe this week & let you know how it turned out

Wednesday 2 November
This is where I spent my day being a substitute secretary at my church.  Our church secretary had to be gone for the day, so I filled in answering the phone & taking messages.  A very relaxing day.

Thursday 3 November
Thursday afternoon was spent taking family pictures for friends.  They were suppose to be taken outside on their farm but with temps in the 50's & wind blowing 20 to 30mph, we decided to take them inside.  This is one of my favorites, unedited.  I will post the edited ones next week.

Maria & I found a large mirror & had some fun with it trying different poses & trying to find a room with a good background to reflect back in the mirror.  This was the best one.  Next time I take her pictures, we are going to take the mirror outside & see what we can do.

Friday 4 November
Of course I had to include one from the deer cam.  This was taken Thursday but I didn't have a picture for today.  I picked this one because of the wild turkeys.  

5 minutes later deer is gone & something has made the turkeys fly/run

Saturday 5 November
My house is over 100 years old.  The original parts (5 rooms) all had 10 ft ceilings.  I'm glad to say, 3 of the rooms now have 8ft ceilings, but the kitchen & dining room still have 10ft ceilings.  In my kitchen I have 2ft of space between the top of my cabinets & ceiling, so I decided to make something to go up their to decorate it.  I made a picket fence out of white, thick poster board & put it a the green, floral, foam rectangle.  Then I decorate the fence & bottom for the season.  I have 4 of these two for each side of my kitchen.  I finally was able to decorate my fences for fall/Thanksgiving
I think I need to get some more leaves for this one


This is the two fences on top of my cabinets.  Everything is what I bought on sale two years ago except the big scarecrow on the right.  I got his this year to add to my scene.  He was 50% of f at Hobby Lobby.

Okay, those are my pictures for the week.  I can't wait to see the rest of the groups.  Have a blessed week.
Kimmie

4 comments:

  1. Its great to practice, practice, practice with the camera. I"m sure they were very appreciative.

    Love your fall decorations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your pictures. The deer and turkey ones were really neat that you got them together. Your fall decor is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the muffins made me laugh!! reminds me of when my son put cumin in the waffles in stead of cinnamon!!! ha!

    I love what you did above your cabinets! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies. Sara - I got a good laugh too when I realized what I did. I also threw away the recipe thinking it wasn't good. So I had to quickly pull it back out of my paper trash to try again.

    ReplyDelete