Sunday, August 7, 2011

365 Pictures 31 July - 6 Aug

Wow, another week has gone by way too quickly.  I almost got a picture every day.  Hoping to get a full week in this coming week.  So here is my week....


Sunday 31 July, 2011
This is my brother-in-law Mark, my husband's younger brother.  Mark turned 40 on the 18th but we couldn't celebrate his birthday until now, with a surprise family party.  The evil look is being given to my sister-in-law Jeaneen who planned the whole thing.

This is my niece Anna who is 15.  I don't get to see my nieces & nephews much, so I decided when I do, I need to get a picture with them.

This is my nephew Elisha (Anna's brother) & his girlfriend Sasha.  It was Sash first time meeting the "Marshall" family as in Aunts, Uncles & cousins.

Monday 1 Aug, 2011
Motor is sooooooooooooo glad Wood is home!

Tuesday 2 Aug, 2011
Barbecue Meatball.  My friend Elshana who had ankle & foot surgery back in May is having some other problems.  After 6 weeks of not being able to be on her feet she was finally allowed to start walking & ended up getting cellulitis in her leg that she had the surgery on. So, she was down for another two weeks, then as she was about to be able to get back on her feet she ended up having emergency surgery for a hernia.  I have been taking her meals along with other friends & tonight was my night.  I fix my boys favorite barbecue meatballs.  Elshana's husband loved them which was great because these were made of deer burger & Randy won't eat deer.  He says now he will eat it as long as I cook it.  I will post the recipe for this on my good eating blog - here is the link http://goodcooking-semperfi.blogspot.com/


Friday 5 Aug, 2011
 Josh came home for the weekend.  First time seeing his brother since he came home from Russia.  Josh wearing the Chinese fur hat Wood got him & Wood wearing his Russian fur hat he bought himself.  Wood did buy both of them knives from Russia but when he crossed into China, the Chinese soldiers detained Wood for at least an hour questioning him on where he bought his knives & then confiscated them.  You can't bring knives in from Russia to China, but you can bring knives in from Cambodia.  The mission team from Cambodia that met with Wood's Russian team got to keep their Cambodian knives

Josh ready to go hunting this fall & winter with his new Chinese winter hat

Saturday 6 Aug, 2011
A picture from November 2005, home school field trip to Steam Boat Arabia in Kansas City.  In the back row my sons Wood (15), Josh (13) ,  brothers & my boys friends 
David (13) & John (14) Dorton.

Now flash forward to today's date
David Dorton was married.  The two sets of brothers & still friends
Wood (20), David (19), John (20) & Josh (18).
I can't believe how fast time has flown by.

Well, that is my week.  Have a semi-busy one coming up.  Have a blessed week.  I love looking at all the pictures even if I don't have time to comment on all of them.
God bless :-)


2 comments:

  1. Hey another Elisha! We haven't ran into another one so far, so that's kinda cool!

    Love the hats!

    The BBQ Meatballs look good but I'd pass on the deer meat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. RaD - I know two ladies by the name of Bethany & we live near the town of Bethany, MO. Elisha is one of 9 kids. You can make the meatballs out of regular hamburger, we own a farm & to help make ends meet while we raised our family, we hunted deer which was our main source of meat. We butchered the deer ourselves, so it wasn't gamey tasting. I also learned how to butcher chickens which we raised. We still hunt deer & use it for meat but since my boys are grown, it is not our main source of meat, but does help keep the food bill down

    ReplyDelete