Saturday, April 9, 2011

Project 365 - 3-9 April

Well, another week has come & gone.  Did a lot better on taking pictures this week.  Weather was weird, some days very warm & nice, then we drop to freezing temps & rain.  Well, let's see what caught my eye or came into my life this week

Sunday 3 April
On Saturday, I went to the city to return my dead fish (still under warranty) & add some more to the tank.  Three of the newer fish were bigger than than the first batch we got.  They caught Fuzzy's eye & she was determined to have some Sushi for breakfast. She was very gentle when she pawed at the tank.

 New fish #1 - called him Blackie, he is a type of guppy

New fish #2 - Domino, another guppy

New fish #3 - Pointdexter.  This one is funny.  He has gotten use to the cats watching and not afraid of them.  In fact it the cats walk by the tank & he spies them, he starts swimming in loops in the front part of the tank so the cats will try & get him.  When the cats do, he swims very fast to the top of the tank, like is is almost going to jump out.  Very funny to watch.


Monday 4 April
It took Motor till Monday to discover the new fish.  He was more in a stealth mood but later he would stand up in the front of the tank like fuzzy.  He also pawed at the tank but it was more of a pounce then slap.

Tuesday 5 April
Election Day in Missouri.  I work the election polls from 5:00am - 9:00pm.  I was head supervising election judge - first time working at the position.  These are the three other ladies that worked with me & my husband checking in to vote.  He was the first voter at 6:04am.  It was a long day, but fun.  Not much on the ballot, so it was also a slow day & I got a lot of cross stitching done.

Wednesday 6 April
First off - a Happy Birthday to my nephew Jesse David Marshall.  He turns 24yrs old today.  This is one of my favorite pictures of Jesse when he was 4yrs old.

I went back to New Hampton Christian School, where I taught until Dec 2011 (had to quit because of my surgery & 3 - 6 month recovery).  I needed to take class pictures & one of the whole student body.  The ones I took in the fall were out dated since three new students join after Christmas.
This is the elementary class - my class that I taught.  Two of the new students are in this group.

Jr./Sr. High class - Miss Jamie's Room

Jr./Sr. High Pastor Paul's Room

2010 - 2011 Student Body of New Hampton Christian School

Thursday 7 April
Not the best picture.  I took it through my picture window while it was lightly raining.  The male American Goldfinches are starting to loose their winter brownish, yellow feather & have their beautiful, bright, yellow feathers shine through as you can see on this male.  Now I will be able to tell the females & males apart.

Friday 8 April
Our second day of cold, wet, rain weather so I was in the mood to make soup.  Today 2x4 (two by four) Soup.  This is a slightly spicy, Mexican style, thick soup.  Best eaten with tortilla chips.  I like using the scoops & when I was shopping yesterday I found these new (at least to me) Tostitos Multi grain Scoops!!!  The recipe to this is on my new recipe blog called "Good Cooking" & the link is on the right side of my blog page.  I also put the Bran muffin recipe (I posted back in Feb.) on this link.

Saturday 9 April
I decided today to start taking pictures of the little town I live in each day until I'm done.  I do mean little - population 382 according to 2010 census.  So I'm standing in my front yard, we have a corner house & when you look southwest you see the Gilman City Rural Volunteer Fire Department.  This is also where everyone came to vote on Tuesday.  If you look behind the fire station to the right of the picture you will see a pavilion (will take better picture tomorrow).  This is also the main city park.  I think this fire station is about 15 years old or younger.  When we moved here in December of 1991 this was just an empty, grassy lot.

Well, that is my week.  Hope all of you had a great one.  God Bless.


6 comments:

  1. Loved being part of your week. Would you care to share the soup recipe...it looked yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stillmagnolia - at the bottom of the post if you hit home button it will take you to my home blog page. Then on the right under my link to 365 project is another link that says good cooking. That is a recipe blog that I just started. I have two recipes so far.
    Enjoy
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small town, indeed. I thought ours was small.
    LOL. Way to put temptation out for the cats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say it cracks me up that your fish were under warranty :). That tank is so going to be like cable TV for the cats.

    Hope you have a good week this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cyber hermit - if you bring in a water sample & it is good, Pet Co will guarantee your fish for 30 days. Which is good because on of the replacement fish I got, died on the way home, which is an 1hr & 15min drive. So he is in my freezer to take back to St. Joseph when I take my niece Ali birthday shopping on Tuesday.
    The cats like "Fish" TV better than "Birdie" TV because the fish are more active & closer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving those pics of the cats spying on the fist...too funny! We have thought about leaving the city for small town living...we have come clase a few times, but God is keeping us here for now. Great class pics...very creative.

    ReplyDelete