Sunday, April 3, 2011

Project 365 - 27 March - 2 April

Not a good week for me to take pictures.  When I had a great shot, didn't have my camera & of course when I had my camera no picture to be taken.  But, I did spend a lot of time this week doing digital scrap booking & editing some pictures I took for the Christian school I use to work at.  I put together a digital yearbook & regular one, so that is taking up most of my time the next couple of weeks.  Also saw the doc & so far no knee surgery.  Have spent 6 weeks trying to stay off it as much as possible, now I get to spend the next 6 weeks having physical therapy twice a week.  Hoping that will help my meniscus to heal & I won't have to have surgery.  Now, back to this week.

Sunday 27 March
Every eight weeks I have the privilege to serve in the 2's & 3's children's church for two weeks in a row, then off for another eight weeks etc.  This Sunday was my turn.  We had 5 this Sunday, but could get up to 8 if they all come.  These are the cuties that bless my time with them playing with play dough.

Monday 28 March
Does this bring back memories for any Avon Ladies???  My parents divorced when I was 16.  Mom went back to Dad when I was 18 (I was in college & on my own) for a year, but things didn't work out & she left with what ever she could pack in two suitcases.  Well, I guess Dad has decided to go through the stuff she left behind.  I had a surprise package in the mail with these 6 Avon collectible perfume holders in it.  The perfume, that is somewhere between 25 to 30 years old, was still in the bottles.  They didn't smell too great either.  I also got a package Tuesday with another 6, but most of them had broke, so no picture.  Luckily he had wrapped each one in paper towels & put each on in a separate plastic bag.

Tuesday 29 March
Here is a picture I took back in September for school pictures, it was in color.  Then today I edited it on picnik for the school digital yearbook.  This is for a small Christian school on it's5th year & has 21 students.  For the slide show I have a slide with the student's school picture & followed by a fun picture to show the student body.

Wednesday 30 March
Okay, nothing to take a picture of & it is almost the end of the day.  I walk into the bathroom & here are two of our cat sleeping on the bath towel my son left down.  Thought they looked cute & took a picture just to have one for the day.

Thursday 31 March
Okay, back to editing pictures on picnik for the school slide show.  This is 1st Quarter Honor Roll field trip.  In the A.C.E. christian school system, field trips are a privilege not a right.  The kids have to earn the privilege to go on them.  At New Hampton Christian School (where I use to work) all day field trips were saved for Honor Roll students.  These six made 1st quarter Honor Roll & were able to go the Kansas City American Royal for a youth Rodeo.  It was a lot of fun.

Friday 1 April
A collage I made for the digital yearbook.  In October the little town of New Hampton (315 population) has Frontier Days.  There is a parade & for the past three years the NH Christian School has enter a float & won 1st place.  This is this year's float.  Theme - Wizard of Oz with a sign that ask - Which road are you on????.

Saturday 2 April
This is the slide I made for the digital yearbook to introduce the elementary class.  I love digital scrap booking.  This was not made on picnik but with Microsoft Digital Image Suite and some digital scrap booking set I bought from A Cherry On Top Scrap booking website.
This is the Jr./Sr. high room #1 intro slide....

... and Jr./Sr. high room #2 intro slide.

That is it for this week.  Hope to take more pictures this coming week.







6 comments:

  1. Great job onyour yearbooks...lots of hard work but I am sure it will be loved by all! I am having to go throught PT and injections for my right knee for the next 6 weeks...not a tear but too loose of ligaments! If it's not better in 6 weeks than possible surgery...here's to hoping both of our knees heal the way they need to before that happens!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss McCrakens,
    Praying you knee heals quickly & no surgery. Thanks for the comment on the yearbook pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pray your knee gets better without surgery!!!

    Love how you edited the picture of the little girl on the lake!

    btw, my recipe blog is a separate blog that is attached by my tool bar at the top of my blog. I created the recipe one, however my good friend, Jackie, designed my blog and attached it...so I have no idea how to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sara. I did the blue jean/black & white for all the students pictures. It is really easy to do if you use picnik.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All those digital slides look great. I wish someone at the small Christian school I work at would do the yearbook, but alas, it's just me that really cares and I have to do it in my spare time if I want it done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the avon ladies. When I was a child my grandmother was a huge Avon buyer...and we would play with the bottles....we fought over the ladies.

    ReplyDelete