Saturday, April 30, 2011

365 Pictures 24-30 April 2011

Hi Everyone!!!  Hope you had a wonderful week & and blessed Easter.  I believe in Jesus Christ as my personal  Saviour, and that He died on the cross a perfect sinless sacrifice for me and conquer the grave rising 3 days later so I could be in heaven with Him.  That is what Easter means to me.  Now onto my pictures for this past week.

Sunday 24 April, 2011
I hosted the Marshall Family (my in-laws) Easter at my home.  21 family members (2 were missing) & 2 guest made for a wonderful, fun filled Easter.  The last time I had Easter at my home was 7 years ago.  So I have a couple of pictures to share for today.....
My grand niece Charleigh smelling my tulip for the 2nd time & licking the inside (we didn't know until later)

Charleigh's face afterward with pollen on her nose & lips.

The Marshall grand daughters or my nieces - Ali, Casie (niece in-law), Anna, Tricia, Esther holding my grand niece Charleigh, Sarah (niece in-law & Charleigh's mom, & Echo.  All these girls except Ali & Charliegh are sisters/sister-in-laws.  My husband's older brother has 9 kids, 4 girls & 5 boys plus now 2 daughter-in-laws.

Marshall Grandsons - first time we have had all 7 of them together since Christmas 2007.  Wood (my son), Jesse, Elisha, Joel, Josh (my son), Jared & Enoch in front.  From my comment above, these are all brothers except my two.

Monday 25 April, 2011
My day was filled getting ready for Awana award night at church this Wednesday.  I'm the Spark Director, so my job to get the awards organize.  This year we gave out 16 certificates, 18 1st book ribbons (green one), 6 2nd book ribbons (blue one), & 3 3rd book plaques.

Tuesday 26 April, 2011

Wednesday 27 April, 2011
The sun finally came out this week & Grouchy was soaking up all she could in my picture window behind my desk.

When I tried to get a better picture, Grouchy realized I was taking her picture, quickly rolled over & growled at me, giving me a dirty look.  She didn't want her picture taken at that moment.

Thursday 28 April, 2011
Ear Candling Time.  My son Wood, my husband & I did this tonight.  This is my son who is getting his ears cleaned out by "Ear Candling" a natural way to get all the stuff out of your ears, that causes ear aches, blocked hearing, etc.  The candle is made out of bees wax  & yes, you stick the bottom part in your ear then light the top part.  The candle will slowly burn down & draws out wax & gunk of your ear in the bottom part of the candle. You blow it out when about 3 inches  of the candle is left.  We bought these candles from our Chiropractor.  And what is the result......

This is what was drawn out of my husband's ear.  He said later his ear felt clearer on the inside, not full.

Friday 29 April, 2011
Today was muffin day.  My husband likes to take muffins to work for his breakfast.  He leaves at 6:30am & that is too early for him to eat, so he eats breakfast at 9:30 during his morning break & muffins are the easiest to eat.  These are Brown Sugar-Oatmeal Muffins.  This batch has chocolate chips in them.  The next batch was pecans.  The next was cherry flavored crasins & pecans.  I think I ended up making 6 to 8 dozens muffins.  The recipe for these muffins will be on my blog page "Good Cooking", just click on the link on the right side of my home page.

Saturday 30 April, 2011
My oldest son went down to Branson, Missouri to see his brother at college (College of the Ozarks) & go turkey hunting.  They didn't see any turkeys, but they spent the afternoon at the fish hatchery checking out the dam.  As you can see all ten gates are open & have been since Tuesday because they received 17 inches of rain the weekend before,plus more this past week, & the lake was about to go over the dam.  Our son Josh is 5 miles from this dam at college.  His college is on a high bluff so they are safe.  2 miles down from this dam is where my father-in-law has a time share (since my husband was 3yrs old) & they are fine so far, but the houses across the shore from the time share place are half under water.  My heart goes out to those people.


Well, that is my week & I got my pictures done on time.  Hope all of you had a great week.  Look forward to seeing your pictures.





9 comments:

  1. looks like a wonderful Easter!!!

    I have used ear candles for years on my family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of that candle thing...I really need to look into that as my boys have the waxist ears alive! All that family for Easter sounds like my kind of Easter...what fun! And we love muffins at our house...delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara - we found out about ear candles about 4 years ago & so glad we found them.

    Stacey - my boys ears are very waxy too. Our chiropractor offers to do this procedure in his office but it cost $30 compared to paying him $5 for the candle & doing it at home. Easter was a lot of fun, especially with all the grand kids together, that is happening less & less as they get older, married & move on with life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those first to pictures are priceless!

    Have a great week,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the family pictures. Shoot, my family isn't even big enough to approximate that! :)

    And Grouchy sleeps like Gracie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lori. I'm glad we were able to get together, the "grandkids" are going up, so this will be a great memory

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've used ear candles for years and they're great. I plan to pick some up to bring back with us during furlough.
    Your cat is a hoot!
    The photo of your grand-niece smelling the flower is so precious!
    Enjoyed your week-in-photos!
    Hope next week is just as fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charleigh was so captivating. What a precious little girl. Looks like you had a busy week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooh! Ear candling!! Love it!! Never tried it, but it's right up my alley. I'll blame you when my husband comes home and has to endure a new weird alternative method to living a healthy life. ;)

    ReplyDelete