Friday, February 25, 2011

My Trip to Haiti - Day 1 & Day 2 (part 1) Fort Lauderdale

I can't believe it has been almost a year since I went on my mission trip to Haiti.  This blog is about that trip.  It was an awesome experience.  I was suppose to go back Feb 2011, but God had some other plans.  If the Lord wills, my next mission trip to Haiti will be Feb or March 2012.  I can't wait.

The group I went with is Hope Mission Outreach founded by Bob & Sharon Johnson.  Bob & Sharon go to my church & own Miracle Hills Ranch here in Bethany, Missouri.  They started Mission of Hope Haiti, a Christian compound locate 12 miles north of Port Au Prince.  Their son Brad & his wife Vanessa run Mission of Hope.  They have an orphanage, school, small hospital (was a medical clinic before the earthquake.  If you would like more information go to  http://www.mohhaiti.org/  Bob & Sharon take teams of people to Haiti three times a year, once in the summer, once in the fall around October & once in the winter either Feb. or March.  I have known about this mission for some time, but never felt led to go.  Then Dec 2009, Sharon approached me at church asking me to go on the Feb. mission trip & be the team photographer.  I prayed about it and God opened all the doors for me to go, time off from my job (at the time I was teaching in a small christian school) & support.  Of course the earthquake of 12 Jan 2010 happened, but our team was still planning to go to Haiti.  Because of the earthquake, we could not get into Haiti until March. 


Our team consisted of 30 team members from 10 different states.  We met at a hotel in Fort Lauderdale on 9 March.
This is Bob & Sharon Johnson, our fearless leaders.  This was our debrief meeting at the hotel.  Next morning we would b heading to Haiti.

Day 2 - hanging out at the airport in For Lauderdale, getting to know each other.  Some of the team members had been to Haiti with the Johnsons before, some of us hadn't

No comments:

Post a Comment