Sunday, February 20, 2011

365 pictures 13 - 19 Feb 2011

This has been an interesting, challenging & stressful week, but I know God is in complete control.  He has a plan & will take care of us.

13 Feb
Good morning, God.  Thank you for the beautiful painting to start my day out.  Sunrise out my back picture window

14 Feb

Valentine's Day.  On Thursday while in Des Moines, I went to Cost Co with my friend.  I found these three cheese heart shape ravioli.  I bought them in case my husband wanted to eat at home on Valentine's Day.  Sunday he took me out to lunch, so I made the ravioli for supper/dinner on Monday.  Of course add sauce, green beans & garlic crescent rolls (not pictured for to take a picture with them) & our meal was complete.

15 Feb
Miss Kate - Tuesday started a new project for me - tutoring.  Kate's family attends my church.  She & her brother Anderson are home school.  Kate is in my Sparks group & Anderson is in my 3rd/4th grade Sunday school class.  They have a little brother Parker who is 1.  Starting this week, I get to spend time at Kate's house 3 days a week, right now helping her get her school work done, while her mom teaches Anderson & keeps Parker entertained.  It has been a blessing to help my friend & get to do Mom things again, since my boys are gone to college.

16 Feb
This is what I did all morning & afternoon.  I'm the Sparks director for our Awana club at church.  We have 40 sparks that come every Wed. night.  Since I have been gone for two months, I needed to bring home the record books to record them in my computer & make sure they were up to date.

17 Feb
Thursday evening my husband & I went to Kansas City to see our oldest son at college.  While I waited for my husband & son to come out of the guys dorm, the sun was started to set.  The clouds over the dorm was so beautiful, I had to take a picture.

18 Feb
We brought home my son's KC Chiefs bean bag chair from college.  The cats were not to sure of it, but by Friday night Stripes was warming up to it.  This is also her way of letting us know the house is a little to warm for her taste, sleeping belly up.

19 Feb
This is the book I read for 1 hour & 20 min. waiting to get an MRI done on my left knee.  Awesome man & book.  Can't wait to finish it but on with the story.  Last week I went tromping in the snow at the farm & fell twice, but didn't feel like I hurt anything.  Monday I had a little popping in my left knee, but I have bad knees, surgery on both, so didn't think much of it.  Thursday brought pain & popping, so I thought maybe it might be out of place a little.  Went to the chiropractor, took x-rays, should everything looked good, a little fluid under the knee cap, so we started therapy on Thursday & Friday.  Friday night my left knee swelled to the size of a grapefruit, got really hot & red, so a trip to the ER.  More x-rays, more fluid under the knee, so an MRI was order for Saturday at 1:15pm.  Now you have to understand; our town of Gilman does not have a hospital, so we got to Bethany 20 min. down the road.  Bethany has a nice hospital/first aid station.  On the weekends the ER is manned by doctors from Kansas City, a special group that helps out rural hospitals.  The MRI machine is a portable one inside a semi-truck.  It would be in town again Saturday & Monday.  Well after waiting 1hour & 20 min (getting in some great reading time), I find out the ER doc (who I really didn't like in the first place) didn't know what he was doing when it came to insurance & didn't get pre-approval for my MRI, so I couldn't get it done on Saturday would have to wait until they could call the office on Monday & then come in on Tuesday when the machine is back in town (if they have an opening) to get my MRI.  So, I'm back on the couch, doing nothing but sitting which means more reading & sewing time.

9 comments:

  1. I love the heart shaped ravioli and the kitty shot too!

    Oh & Criminal Minds is my second favorite show. I love Matthew Gray Gubler, especially, swoon.

    Have a blessed week,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about the knee! Hope it all works out to get it taken care of this week!
    Heart-shaped ravioli: brilliant!
    How nice that you can help little Miss Kate with her schooling :) I'm sure her mom appreciates it very much!
    Hoping your week goes better than the weekend has!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sunrise!

    Bummer about your leg. I hope they know what they are doing the next time in so everything goes smoothly for you and they can figure out how to help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a busy week
    prayers for your leg
    beautiful pics outside

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that ravioli!! I am so sorry about your knee!! ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Munchkin sleeps like that, too. In her case, though, we think she just likes it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OUCH about your knee...that is not fun and I hope that you get what you need and soon. I will be having an MRI on my knee in the upcaoming weeks for what we think is a torn miniscus. Beautiful sky photos...I love taking those kinds of pics to remind me how good God is all the time. And that ravioli is so cute...my boys would have loved that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Ravioli....but really loved the sky scenes. I love taking God moment pictures.

    ReplyDelete