Sunday, November 11, 2012

365 Pictures week 40-45; 30 September - 10 November

WOW!!!  I can't believe it has been 6 weeks since I last posted.  Life got busy around here.  I started working as a substitute teacher & doing a little more photography on the side, so I had to re-manage my time.  So here goes my catch-up:

Sunday 30 September, 2012

no picture

Monday 1 October, 2012

I have my allergies under control so I was able to go to our farm with my husband tonight.  As he worked on making a food plot for wild life, I took some picture of the landscape on the farm

Tuesday 2 October, 2012

I decided to experiment with some cooking.  I took a flour tortilla, brushed melted butter on it, sprinkled cinnamon sugar on it, cut into small triangles (like cutting a pizza) & then baked the triangles on a cookie  sheet & bake for 10 min. at 350.  Ended up with crispy cinnamon treats (as I call them).


I ended up using two tortillas & some of the slices wouldn't fit on the cookie sheet, so when I baked these I drizzled some honey on them. 
 I like these better than the ones above but my husband didn't.  He liked just the cinnamon sugared ones.

Wednesday 3 October, 2012


Deer cam day - notice we have jumped to the year 2025 a picture from the future :-)
Not really, husband had to change the batteries & on this deer cam it messes up the date & time.  He will fix it later.

Thursday 4 October, 2012

Today I took pictures at New Hampton Christian School.  Usually I take them outside at a park, but the weather was being nasty today, so I had to set up a indoor area.  This is a close up of one of the flower arrangements I used.

Friday 5 October, 2012

no picture, worked on editing school pictures all day

Saturday- Monday 6-8 October, 2012

I worked on school pictures the past three days, here are some of my favorites



Tuesday - Thursday 9-11 October, 2012

no pictures, after working on pictures, I caught up on housework instead

Friday -  Monday 12-15 October, 2012

I spent Friday evening taking pictures for a family at church.  Then the next four days working on them.  Here are my favorites from that shooting.




Tuesday 16 October, 2012

Of course had to make sure I had a cat picture; Grouchy & her mice.  Yes she is partly sleeping but not relaxing, waiting for her sister or brother cats to try & steal her mice.  She has a sharing problem :-)

Wednesday 17 October, 2012

Deer cam again - this is a little fuzzy, but it is a coyote running by the feeder.  We were told it is almost impossible to get a coyote picture because they run so fast, usually a big blur of fur.

Thursday 18 October, 2012

no picture

Friday 19 October, 2012

Found this recipe where you take crescent rolls, spread soften cream cheese on them & the add cooked bacon, chopped tomatoes & red or green bell peppers.  The peppers are missing because my hubby is not to found of them, so just bacon & tomato here.  Then you roll them up going from wide to narrow & bake according to the crescent roll directions.

Here are two of them done.  I was a nice light meal & we enjoyed them very much




Saturday - Sunday 20 -21 October, 2012

no pictures

Monday 22 October, 2012

My husband & I went to a Contra Dance tonight.  It was put together by some home school friends.  Basically we learn some old fashion dances & square dances.  This is the family that taught us how to dance, did the calling & playing of music.

Hubby & I getting ready for our first dance

Tuesday- Thursday 23 -25 October, 2012

no pics

Friday 26 October, 2012

I loved this one from the deer cam, with the sun shining behind the turkeys



Saturday 27 October, 2012

The mother of the family I showed pictures of above love the pictures so much she hired me to come & take family pictures at her mother-in-law's 83rd birthday party.  So I took those on today & worked on them.  Here is a collage I made of some of the pictures.

Sunday- Wednesday 28-31 October, 2012

no pics

Thursday 1 November, 2012

Okay deer cam or I should say RACCOON CAM.  The first 479 pictures on the cam were raccoon & raccoon only.  These three crack me up, two sitting back to back with one in the middle
 Hmm excuse me, could you please slide over a little I getting squashed in the middle
 Hey, there is a coon here in the middle, I'm not a pillow you know, I'm trying to eat too

Friday 2 November, 2012

After 479 picture of coons only, finally one of a deer, or part of a picture.

Saturday 3 November, 2012

Okay another simple recipe I found - you take two mini vanilla wafers; spread peanut butter between them to make a sandwich cookie & then dip the bottom have in melted chocolate.  Put in fridge to harden.  We loved them & I made a batch for Thanksgiving & put them in the freezer.

Sunday 4 November, 2012

What a strange looking deer on the deer cam.  Ha, ha - The pictures is a little dark, but this is my 9 year old niece Ali & her barbie helping grandpa fill the deer feeder

Monday- Friday 5-9 November, 2012

no pics

Saturday 10 November, 2012

Today I took pictures at my third wedding, so guess what will be on my blog next week.  When I came home this little frog was waiting to come in the front door.  I think he knows bad weather is coming & wants to be in a nice warm place.

YEAH!!!!  I'm caught up & hope I never miss that many weeks again.  I will warn you come January I will be going to Madagascar on a mission trip for 2 1/2 weeks, so will have to play catch up then, but hope not to get 6 weeks behind.  I have missed not seeing your pics, & hope to visit everyone & get caught up this week.  











7 comments:

  1. those are GR8 pics; you get BEST of the week, methinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those deer cam shots. And the food - is it lunch time yet? It looks like you made homemade sopapillas - one of my favorite Mexican desserts. Yum!

    Oh, & my sister-in-law has asked us to take family pictures for them when we're down in NC at Christmas. I've never tried to do "real" pictures - I need to explore different ways of posing them & such. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the name of the Mexican treat. I remember having those when I lived in California, but couldn't remember the name. Hope your family pics turn out great. I will be taking them for my husband's family at Christmas.

      Delete
  3. I always love your deer cam pictures....

    Those crescent rolls look delicious!

    I love the black and white picture with the flower standing out in yellow.... just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments. I love doing the black & white with something in color to stand out, it has become one of my favorite effects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the photo shoots they were amazing...loved how you did them. The cookie shot was yummy too. I will have to try those.

    ReplyDelete