Saturday, September 15, 2012

365 Pictures week 37; 9-15 September

This has been a crazy week.  I can't believe I went from Sunday to Thursday & didn't take any pictures plus I didn't realize it until Friday UGH!!!!  Oh well, here is what I have to offer, enjoy & hope to do better next week.

Sunday - Thursday 9-13 September

No pictures :-(

Friday 14 September

When my son Josh graduated from high school, a friend's grandma asked for two of Josh's t-shirt that he liked a lot & willing to keep but not wear anymore.  She took those two t-shirts & made a pillow out of them.  Josh was cleaning out his closet & discovered he had a lot of t-shirts that he didn't wear but had sentimental value to him, so he asked Mrs. Mulnix if we could pay her to make a quilt out of those t-shirts & she did.  I delivered the t-shirts to her last Thursday, thinking we would get the quilt  back in time to surprise Josh for Christmas.  Well, she knew Josh was coming home this weekend to hunt to she sewed this wonderful quilt in a week for Josh to have when he came home & take back to college with him.


Saturday 15 September

A couple of pictures for today.  The first one some of you may not like, but it is life here for us.  My son Josh shot his first deer with a bow & arrow this morning.  It was a doe.  Thankful for the meat this will provide for our family this winter.

Later today we celebrated my grand niece Charleigh's 3rd birthday (actual day is tomorrow)  I had the honor of making a Tinkerbell cake for her.

This is my grand niece Charleigh, all excited about her birthday

And this is Carrigan my other grand niece & Charleigh's little sister.  She is 7 months old.

That is my week, short & sweet.  Have a great upcoming week & God bless

9 comments:

  1. sometimes we just have weeks like that!

    the deer is a sight I will be seeing a lot of in the coming up months in AR!

    great job on the cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious cake for such a precious little girl. Loved it. The T-shirt quilt is really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! You have such a good-looking family :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a pile of my son's t-shirts that I want to make a quilt out of "one of these days" :) I'm sure Josh will enjoy both the sentimental value of his quilt AND how comfy it is!

    Deer hunting with bow and arrow is a lot more challenging and Josh did good! Venison stew will be so good this winter, won't it?!

    Cute cake for a cute little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliments. Venison is our main source of meat, use it like beef. Now to get a couple of more to get us through the year.

      Delete
  5. Love the quilt and the cake - lots of love in your pictures this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that last picture of you and baby girl!
    The quilt is beautiful and such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the deer for your youngest. I'll bet he was excited!

    That quilt is awesome.

    ReplyDelete