Monday, April 30, 2012

365 Pictures week 17; 22-28 April


Hello,

Sunday 22 April, 2012

I was able to get together with my adoptive daughter Lesley & my grand daughter Clarissa.  I have seen Clarissa since July, so this was a big treat.  We met my husband Poppa Stephen at Walmart on his lunch break.  He had never met Clarissa, so first time meeting each other.  Then we went birthday shopping for Clarissa's first birthday which is 16 May.  It was a great afternoon.
Poppa Stephen & Clarissa

Getting to know each other

My adoptive daughter Lesley,  & grand daughter Clarissa

Hanging with Clarissa

Monday 23 April, 2012

no pic, I think I took enough on Sunday to cover for this day :-)

Tuesday 24 April, 2012

Baking day!!!! I needed to bake finger foods for our Awana award night coming up tomorrow.  I had some cream cheese that was going to go bad, so I decided to make Fudgy Cheesecake Swirl Brownies.  I had enough cream cheese to make three batches, which made 6 dozens brownies.  The recipe will be  at my blog http://goodcooking-semperfi.blogspot.com/ later on Monday the 30th.

Wednesday 25 April, 2012

First, I did not take this picture - Katie's mom did because I was up passing out Spark awards for our Awana Award Night.  This is sweet Katie.  It was her first year in Sparks.  As you can tell, Katie is a special little girl with a mind determine to do what ever she wants.  Katie memorized 13 verses in Sparks this year, and she would not let us sign them off unless she said them without any helps, except giving her the reference & 1st word to start her off.  She is an inspiration to me. 
 Love ya, Katie Girl

Thursday 26 April, 2012

About 22 years ago I made my husband an album for his Marine Corps pictures as a Christmas gift.  


Of course this was before scrap booking, but I still put little caption beside the pictures using pieces of notebook paper.  Also the pictures are on the sticky pages they had then which is not good for pictures now.  I have been going through my in-laws old albums & found some pictures of my husband when he was graduating from Officer Candidate School & The Basics School that we did not have copies of.  Also saw this neat Marine Corps scrap book album, so I decided for Father's Day to redo my husband's alum in the newer album as a surprise.  So starting today when my husband is at work, I'm secretly scrap booking pages for him.  He is the first two title pages I made today.  I also got to use my new circuit, which I LOVE!!!!


Friday 27 April, 2012

Today I went to New Hampton Christian School to take final pictures for the yearbook I'm putting together.  I mainly needed some fun pictures & class pictures. Here are the class pictures I took.


Saturday 28 April, 2012

Spent the morning cleaning house & the afternoon scrap booking more pages for my husband's new Marine Corps Album.  Here is one of the pages I did. My husband getting his 2nd Lt. rank pinned on my his parents & younger brother.  I would have been doing it, but we hadn't met yet.  

Well, that is my week.  Hope all of you had a great week.  Can't wait to see your pictures.










1 comment:

  1. I love that you're redoing your husband's scrapbook - he'll love it! And my goodness those brownies look good. I will NOT be checking out the recipe - too much temptation :)

    ReplyDelete